The AERA SEL SIG blog: Emerging Research & Practice in SEL
In the past, our SIG has published newsletters to share information about ongoing research projects and research-practice partnerships. We have now launched a blog as a way to more rapidly share information on an ongoing basis.
Submissions are accepted twice a year (300-500 words). Please consider submitting for our next deadline: May 1, 2023
1. At least one author must be an SEL SIG member
2. Submissions should be 300-500 words summarizing ongoing research, practice, or advocacy efforts. Submission categories are: 1) Innovative Research in SEL 2) New SEL Initiatives, Interventions, & Practices, or 3) SEL Policy Alerts and Updates. Articles with an emphasis on equity and partnerships will be prioritized.
3. Please use APA style citations and include hyperlinks to references when possible.
4. See attached templates/samples for each topic area, taken from previous newsletters
5. Please upload your submissions via this Google Form by May 1, 2023: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdba7kJqh46TyaN1OjTloohGc1wf6s2VOd1IrpyxHJCdWFeDA/viewform?usp=sf_link
6. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many other ways to connect with our SIG! Here is a summary:
- Regular emails: Sent to SEL SIG members to share information about SEL research and practice. Send any job openings, upcoming events, or other information you want to share here: email@example.com
- AERA SEL SIG twitter: Connect with us @AERA_SIG_SEL
- AERA SEL SIG facebook: Open to all interested in SEL. Join us! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1658791114393304/
See full call for submissions, including sample articles from previous newsletters here.